Friday, November 1, 2013

Workout of the Day: Jamais

I recently joined a gym after nearly a year of working out at home and in the park next door.  While the L.A. Fitness on La Cienega is well equipped and sort of clean it's also a firm reminder of why gyms in Los Angeles are fucking clown shoes, especially chains.  As in life, it's not the place that matters but the people.  And the people at this place, boy howdy.  You know why benches get ripped up and need replaced?  Because you leave weights on them.  If you can't handle 45 pound dumbbells without dropping them, go lighter.  Hey dude, you know why you're still fucking fat?  Cause you're loud and press weights I did back in 1993.  Ah well, it's good to see the annoying things in life so you're reminded of how you never (Jamais in French) want to be.  If I'm ever as sloppy as some of these people, you have my permission to slap me in the face.

Got to the gym at 5:00AM and did the following for Chest/Biceps/Shoulders:

Incline Dumbbell Bench/DB Preacher Curl/Flat DB Fly/Low Incline DB Curl/DB Pullover/Preacher Bench x 3 for 18 sets

Followed by a quick Delt routine:

Side Raises/Rear Raises/Alternating Front Raises done in drop set fashion aka completing reps with one weight then immediately going lighter for more reps.

Some seated calf raises, back extensions and forearms completed the weight portion of my morning workout and I finished up with 800 meters of rowing and 10 minutes on the ol' Elliptical.  The juice bar wasn't open as I was leaving so I hit up 7-11 for a Met-Rx shake.

P.S. Bro, do you even lift?  The internet is the best.


Push it to the limit:


No comments:

Post a Comment