Friday, November 14, 2014

Gotta Drank! Beer Belly

After seeing it on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives randomly before making plans to meet some friends in Koreatown, I suggested Beer Belly, a restaurant and craft beer joint none of us had been to on Western.  I figured it might be  a little crowded on a Thursday evening but we got there before the rush.  The place is pretty small with only a little bar but a couple of patios.  There's a valet parking lot outside but meters end at 4:00PM and we found one around the corner.  I'm not a beer drinker unless it's Ginger mixed with whiskey so I grabbed a cider I had never heard of, Julian's.  It was smooth without being too bubbly, sweet or sour, it was kind of like wine I suppose...Food wise Beer Belly is known for their Asian fused with American classics menu so we got Death By Duck (fries tossed in duck fat, topped with duck confit), Pork Belly Chips, Mac N Cheese and the Fried Chicken.  Everything just tasted very salty and the mac n cheese was uber tasty yet really dense so I'm not sure I'd come back just for the grub.  Although I would like to try their array of deep fried desserts like Oreo's, Twinkies and a Smores Pop Tart.  Service was nice though and there's tons of things next door like coffee and boba houses, Mexican and more Korean BBQ's than you could shake a pair of tongs at.

No comments:

Post a Comment