Friday, March 27, 2015

Workout of the Day: Stair Finish

After a night of eating and dranking I had to hit the hotel gym before heading to Day One of Emerald City Comicon. The Crowne Plaza has a decent gym with free weights, a cable station and several different kinds of cardio equipment. Changing it up from my usual 4 sets of 8 reps, I went for more of the circuit motif to move fast with minimum fuss. The power of Jean-Claude Van Damme in Bloodsport on my shirt compelled me along with a bite of a protein bar. For Shoulders and Arms I selected three exercises for each and ran through as a giant set of 9 exercises 3 times:

Handstand Push Ups/Chins/Bench Dips
Side Raise/Concentration Curls/Cable Pushdowns
Rear Delt Cable/One-Arm Preacher Curl/One-Arm Reverse Cable Pushdown

The body weight exercises really give me a pump while the isolation exercises helped me zone in on the selected body parts. I followed up with some drop sets of Dumbbell Press and Hammer Curls along with forearms and Standing Calf Raises. Being on the road, your eating isn't always the greatest so a little cardio is in order. I hit the Elliptical Machine for a quick 6 minutes and followed it up with 20 flights of stairs. It's been a long time or maybe never since I've taken that many stairs and boy was my heart pumping! I was short of breathe and dripping sweat taking a single or two at a time on my way back to the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment