Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Con-Man: Burbank G.I. Joe Show

 
This past Sunday we trekked up to Burbank near the Bob Hope airport to check out a small show that dealt exclusively with G.I. Joe's. I've heard about the small gathering ever since signing up with Hiss Tank after planning the Sunbow Celebration last year. Joe was always my favorite cartoon over Transformers and the toys were a part of my collection growing up. The show was held in a room at the airport Ramada that was a bit off the beaten path. But once we got there, we quickly made our way around the dozens of vendors selling G.I. Joes and action figures from the 60's through today. You had Joes of all kinds to choose from at all price levels as they were loose, packaged or out of the box. Lots of vehicles in great shape along with Funko's and figures from Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, etc. I'm kicking myself for not picking up a $3 Lando Calrissian figure where the former Millennium Falcon pilot was surprisingly buff. We did pick up a few Funko's and some mini-mates of Hicks and Ripley from Aliens! Apparently the Predator edition figures are out so be on the look out for those. I believe the organizers were also responsible for the Brewer Brothers Model Kit Expo we checked out in Huntington Beach. Looks like that show is expanding while the Joe show is going away. If you're into war/military themed model kits, toys or books, that's definitely a show for you. Now you know and knowing is half the battle. Yo, Joe!

No comments:

Post a Comment