Thursday, October 17, 2013

Workout of the Day: Van Damme Week

Too much boozing and eating had me feeling pretty damn (Damme) lazy but it being Van Damme week and all I figured I owed it to the Muscles From Brussels to get in a few sweaty sessions.  I once read Van Damme lost up to 14 pounds of sweat in one workout, I've only been able to drop 10 myself.  I guess we're both hot men, like Sean Connery (who did a scene in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade in his boxers because he "sweats very easily").


A.M. Session:
- Dumbbell swing/Close grip push up/Close grip chin ups/Good morning/Concentration curl/1-Arm tricep extension/1-Arm preacher curl/1-Arm side extension

8 exercises performed non-stop for 3 circuits equaling 24 sets that worked shoulders, legs and lower back with a focus on triceps and biceps

P.M.  Session:
- Squat/Lunge/Deadlift/Calf raise/Jump squat then 1-2 minute intervals of jump rope, shadow boxing and recumbent bicycling for 4 rounds

Both sessions were immediately followed by a whey protein shake and a few glugs of Gatorade post shower.  Oh and I popped in Double Team for the P.M. session, the crazy 1997 spy action thriller starring Van Damme, Dennis Rodman and Mickey Rourke directed by Tsui Hark.  Allegedly Van Damme was at the worst of his coke years during production.  Besides some obvious doubling in fight scenes, it still holds up as a kinetic, bright, ridiculous and action packed flick.

Home training with Jean-Claude:


No comments:

Post a Comment