Monday, May 26, 2014

Gotta (not) Eat! Peaches' Smokehouse and Southern Kitchen

Before kicking off the long weekend, it was time for trying another food truck at the building.  Through the weeks it's been pitas, lobster rolls, Asian Fusion, burgers and bowls.  Today?  Barbeque.  Backyard barbeques are synonymous with the Memorial Day weekend as it's an easy way to enjoy the company of your loved ones while raising a glass to the men and women who have died in service to protect this great country.  Sadly, Peaches' is far from a prime example of a tribute on wheels.  If you look at the photo, you can barely see the Country Fried Steak on my sandwich, and that's after I pulled the bun back.  While it all looks pretty Damme good, the CFS was tiny, literally pounded to maybe 1/8" thickness.  I don't know how much it weighed but it couldn't have been much.  The waffle fries were fine, crispy but a little heavy while I opted for Kale Salad as well to get my greens in.  Unfortunately they doused it in vinegar based dressing and I could barely eat it.  I guess they're pretty vinegar happy as my friends said the same thing about their Pulled Pork sandwiches.  Apparently, vinegar based sauce is popular in North Carolina, so I will not be raising up and pulling my shirt off and spinning it round my head like a helicopter.  At $18 bones for a sandwich with barely any meat, decent fries, a sour ass salad and a can of pop, Peaches gets filed under #NeverAgain.

No comments:

Post a Comment