Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Comic Shop of the Day: Comic Bug


There's a surprising abundance of comic book shops on the west side of Los Angeles.  I can name four off the top of my head within minutes of my office.  One place I kept passing on Overland caught my eye because it was next to a Chili Parlor!  The owner recently retired and sold stake so it's now called The Comic Bug.  The guys working were great, very chill, helpful and easy to shoot the shit with.  There's a front room of toys, graphic novels and the like while a separate room has all the latest issues displayed for easy viewing and snagging.  Back issue wise they had a decent selection and I grabbed the final installment of Sgt. Rock: The Prophecy along with a short box to organize my collection. 

Sadly, Tub's Fine Chili next door wasn't open on this Sunday so I'll have to come back and check them out.  There's a private lot for the strip mall which includes a liquor store, all we need is a karate dojo and you'd never need to go anywhere else.


1 comment:

  1. That looks like a great little store. And it has an awesome Usagi Yojimbo advertisement in the window. That's a good sign. I'll have to stop in next time I'm in L.A.

    ReplyDelete