Sunday, December 22, 2013

Gotta Eat! Bacon Breakfast


Woke up at 5:30AM on a Sunday and felt like having a large breakfast since I only ate twice on Saturday.  First up?  Bacon!  Of the Applewood Smoked, Thick Sliced Center Cut variety.  Now I don't know how you like your pig but I'm not a fan of frying it up, grease goes flying and it seems to take forever.  Instead, I use the oven and just set it and forget it (I wonder how bacon would turn out in Ron Popeil's Showtime Rotisserie Grill and Barbeque...).  Since I've never invested in a baking rack, I just folded up some tin foil like an accordion to channel the fat out.  25 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit and I had a plate full of beautiful, crispy pork that I ate with a fork (not really, my hands function as a plate, spoon and fork) along side some pizza and eggs.  Even better than Sno Balls and Mountain Dew, baby.

Mmmm, educational food programs:

No comments:

Post a Comment