Saturday, October 10, 2015

24 Hours: Dunkin' Donuts

While traffic was nothing at 4:30AM, by 7:15 it was surprisingly heavy. I popped over to the new Dunkin' Donuts on Washington near Costco that used to be a Foster's Freeze. You know, the old hole in the wall where you could get ice cream AND corndogs/burgers/fries? It was uber disappointing to see such an awesome spot close up but I'd rather see a doughnut shop replace it than some artisan yoga shoppe or some crap. I didn't grow up with Dunkin' but do love a good doughnut. One recently opened in Santa Monica where mo's waited in line for hours for sugar filled deep fried goodness. Californians are weird, man...anywho, there were only a few peeps in front of me but I could see how this could get jammed up real quick as people are so indecisive. Especially when they need to make potentially a dozen or more choices. I stuck with the classics, Crullers, chocolate glazed chocolate cake and their seasonal specialties, Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake and Reese's Peanut Butter filled squares. They also had an array of breakfast sammiches available but I was headed to the gym for a fasted workout. The chocolate was quite good as was the air filled cruller. Next up, food coma from the frosting, cream and sugar rich squares. See ya in line at Tim Horton's!

No comments:

Post a Comment