Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Hey Arnold: Winning Team


"I knew I was a winner back in the late sixties.  I knew I was destined for great things.  People will say that kind of thinking is totally immodest.  I agree.  Modesty is not a word that applies to me in any way.  I hope it never will."
- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Arnold's "can do" attitude and never say "can't" vocabulary has taken him to the heights of fame, fortune and notoriety.  While he's one of history's biggest movie stars and most familiar faces on the globe, his post Governor headlining movie roles have yet to yield a hit.  Latest offering Sabotage has limped it's way to a $10 million dollar gross which then caused financier QED International to layoff some of it's staff.  Sadly, Sabotage's disappointing performance shows that the world just isn't in a rush to see Arnold in a movie theater.  His career will receive a nice boost with this summer's sure to be worldwide hit The Expendables III while a Terminator reboot/sequel is in the works and is more or less a guaranteed healthy investment.  On the leading man front, the failure of Sabotage doesn't bode well for a return to Conan or the oft mentioned Triplets, the sequel to 1988's hit comedy Twins that featured Arnold and Danny DeVito.  For part II, Arnold has met with 80's funny man Eddie Murphy to become their long lost brother.  Your guess is as good as mine on how they'll explain that.  But hey, Twins is hilarious and Eddie Murphy still has it so I'm in.

Respect:

No comments:

Post a Comment