Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Hey Arnold: Routine

 
"I do the same exercises I did 50 years ago and they still work.  
I eat the same food I ate 50 years ago and it still works."
-  Arnold Schwarzenegger

It was already on my action item list to do a Hey Arnold post today but then the new Expendables III trailer hit so it just seemed like fate.  As I try to dial it in for Dolph night, I'm doing my best to eat clean and train consistently.  To me, that consistency is key.  I run into so many people who want to lose weight and work out but never stick to it for more than a few weeks.  Like I've said before, when it comes to weights, you either have it or you don't.  Nobody puts themselves through aches pains and super swole spasms for fun.  For Arnold, he took quite a few pot shots during his Governorship as less than flattering images of his formerly muscular body hit the internets.  When he got back into movies and had more time, The Oak reverted back on his old school regimen of cardio in the morning and weights at night to prepare for his return to the big screen.  With years of heavy squats leaving his knees in disrepair, Arnie is said to be a big fan of the bike in a gym or on the beach, performing intervals to get his heart pumping.  Weight wise the former 7-time Mr. Olympia is still performing super sets on machines and free weights at a quick pace.  Always one for mixing things up, Arnold still considers free weights the best way to build muscle and in my experience, rings true.  Ever seen someone get yoked by doing cable curls?  Nah.

Cut to today and Arnie is looking solid and swole at 66 as evidenced in recent photos prepping and from the set of Terminator: Genesis.  


No comments:

Post a Comment